Thursday 10 October 2013



I never knew my father
Somebody know how he was?
He only left an enveloped letter
and it is just signed: Dad

I've tried to open it

since i was a child
but my mother always said: not boy
is better to wait when daddy's back

I asked people in town

how is my father? when he comes?
Some people told me: he's a hero
some of them: you better run!

He's dangerous boy

a very bad guy
no! he loves you!
you must be out of your mind!

You are week and inmature

He hates that kind of guy
you are crazy and a rebel
he hates the people of your kind

And the days have become months

and the months into years
I'm still waiting at the door
for my father to appears

And there is the letter

turning yellow and getting old
i'm just looking for answers
for the truth to be told

One night i took the letter

while my knees were shaking
my hands were cold and wet
but my heart was waiting

With fear in my heart

and doubts coming trhough
i took strenght and open it
i needed to know the truth

What if he never loved me?

i was asking in my mind
and that was the reason to leave
withouth explanation of any kind

What if he was bad?

and that's the reason to be far
because my mother is protecting me
from the monster of my dad

But what if he was good?

then what's the reason to go?
why is he so distant then?
why is not longer at home?

.......................................



"Hello, my most great gift

my most great conviction
you're more than my son
you're my only addiction

I saw you laugh

when you had not teeths already
when you were for the first time here
in the land of the livings

I couldn't stop my tears of joy

You, my one and only son
Come everybody!
and all creation made a song

Your little hands touched mine

and your eyes stucked on my face
then you started to laugh
i laugh too and took you in my hands

How can i say how much i love you?

there are not words to discribe that
but i'm trying, you deserve it
after all, i'm your Dad

I look distant but i'm here

i'm printed in your heart
with a lifeproof kind of ink
is written: Son of Dad

You have my face

and my capacity to cry
my teeths, my mouth and my ears
and the ability to fly

We both are dreamers

warriors of the road
we don't have a single place
that we could call it "home"

We run into the sunrise

another day, another town
you an explorer, an adventurer
until the sun is going down

Next morning living the life

free from all kind of burdens
that's my gift to you my boy
i love you, never forget it

When you need me

no matter when, no matter how
i'll be there ready for you
i won't let you down

Now i'm on the road

running on my metal horse
the sun is rising at the front
the smell of dreams is in my nose

See you always, my boy, my warrio,

my dreamer, my runner...
And don't forget it boy
your time is comming.


Dad."


...........................................


And sometimes, when the times are weird

and the storm rises
i can hear the noise of engines
the metal horse... is comming back!

The warrior of the road

the king of the bikers
with his leather jacket
his metal horse and his glasses

I call him Dad

the mystery, the legend
for me the normal guy
with a black jacket made of leather

I'll never more be scare of him

we are of the same kind
he's my bearded funny friend
and i'm his loved runner child.





Jonay Martín


                                               



                                              London, 10/10/13




No comments:

Post a Comment